At Addington Stadium Motel, we are committed to promoting sustainable tourism in an attempt to keep our environment clean, and our property and garden beautiful for you to enjoy.
We strive to only use the resources which our business requires and pledge to keep our impact on the environment to a minimum throughout the motel. This includes recycling the waste produced, using energy efficient lighting and promoting the use of local suppliers.
Our housekeepers are all actively encouraged to recycle in every area of the motel. They assist in reducing power consumption by turning off electrical appliances when not in use, turning taps and lights off when not required. They are trained in sustainable practices.
We encourage you to use our dedicated recycling area and help us reduce waste through your towel, electricity and water usage while you are staying with us. We encourage your feedback on how we are doing and how we can improve.
Steps we are taking to reduce our carbon footprint
- Complimentary milk in glass bottles, not plastic
- Using re-cycled paper wherever possible
- Re-using the second sides of printed pages
- Using re-fillable printer cartridges
- Using laundry detergents that are biodegradable
- Recycling glass, paper, plastic, aluminium, tin and cardboard
- Recycling used soaps from motel units. The used soaps are returned to our supplier to be converted into bio-fuels or industrial cleaning agents
- Using low energy bulbs
- Switching off all electrical appliances when not in use
- Reducing power and water usage by changing towels only as required.
- Pillow cases dried on line when weather permits
- compost bin
- plantings that don’t require excessive watering
- Providing complimentary bicycles for guests to use